Do you qualify for a free eye examination?
Eye examinations are free under the NHS for:
- Under-19s in full-time education.
- Over 60s.
- People (or partners of people) who receive certain benefits.
- Holders (or partners of holders) of an exemption certificate (HC2).
- People who need certain complex lenses.
- People diagnosed diabetic or with glaucoma.
- People aged 40 or over who are the brother, sister or child of a diagnosed glaucoma patient.
Ask your optician about NHS glasses support when you have a sight test or to find out more, contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647, www.direct.gov.uk, or your local health authority.
Free NHS eye examinations in Scotland
Eye examinations in Scotland are paid for by the Scottish government.
To find out more go to www.scotland.gov.uk and search for ‘eye examinations’.